Report to: R&D Manager
Market Research and Analysis
- Conduct the pet food market surveys, collect and analyze competitor product information, and assist to develop the AFD product system.
- Collect and sort raw material technical data, for example, price, and manufacturing processes, from domestic and international markets.
- Establish a reliable raw materials database and develop the raw-material technical parameter profiles.
- Research and develop new pet food and treatment products, and draft new product relevant technical documents.
- Advise appropriate ingredients to meet customers’ requirements.
- Establish the AFD ingredient database and play a role in drafting product technical parameters.
- Formulate standard cost, standard working hours, and standard raw material quantity of (new) products.
- Participate in the suggestion, revision, and review of new product labels and packaging materials and dimensions. Participate in the formulation of technical standards for packaging materials and accessories.
New Product Validation
- Organize pet palatability, digestive, and other relevant experiments.
- Conduct relevant experiments on AFD products, collect results, provide analysis reports, and advise improvement adjustment.
- Participate in lab establishment and assist to develop lab data management system.
- Cooperate with front end departments to answer technical questions, provide productive technical guidance, and provide training if required.
- Strong passion for animals and the pet food industry.
- Bachelor’s degree or above in food science & engineering, animal nutrition, animal science, animal husbandry.
- A recent position is in pet food, feeding, or breeding industries, with experience in developing full-cycle pet food, nutrition, and snack products.
- Experience in raw meat/dairy/egg related material product research and development.
- Familiar with the new product developing procedures and industry standards and regulations.
- Familiar with food processing technology and food manufacturing procedures.
- Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to present a new product proposal in a professional manner to customers.
- English is required. Fluent in Mandarin will be considered a strong asset.
- Proven capability in world-wide literature research, data analysis, and pet food market research.
- Continuous learner and self-directed individual with initiative, responsible for managing multiple projects and ensuring all timelines are met or exceeded.
- Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Customer-oriented professional with business acumen in the pet food industry.
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Vision care