Report to: CEO, Executive Vice President, Production Manager
Job Description: Quality Assurance Manager/SQF Practitioner
Reports to: CEO, Executive Vice President, Production Manager
Summary: SQF practitioner, assures consistent quality of production by developing and enforcing cGMP’s and food safety systems: validating processes; providing documentation; managing staff. Must be detail-oriented and organized.
Food Safety and Planning
· Will work with multidisciplined food safety committee on implementing and maintaining high standard of food safety and quality.
· Maintain safe, secure and healthy environment by following safety, sanitation standards and procedures; complying with federal/state/local regulations, HACCP, SQF food safety code for manufacturing, and Kanan Baking Company guidelines.
- Manage QA program to help ensure FDA/FISMA compliance.
- Oversight and administration of SQF food safety certification.
- Verification and validation of SQF food safety system.
- Facilitate regulatory and customer requested audits.
- Maintain document control program.
- Conduct Internal and facilitate external certification audits.
- Facilitate and coordinate annual management reviews.
- Management of facility environmental monitoring program.
- Oversight of facility sanitation program.
- Write/re-write procedures, SSOP/SOP’s as required.
- Manage non-conformance of raw materials issues.
- Manage sanitation validation procedures.
- Implement and track corrective actions for food safety and quality non-compliances.
- Log, investigate and resolve food safety and quality-related customer complaints.
- Organize and conduct calibration of testing and monitoring equipment.
- Maintain data in customer quality portals (GORP, Food LogiQ, Sysco QA portal, etc.)
- Review of packaging designs and FDA requirements for food packaging.
- Risk Assessment of raw materials, packaging and chemicals used within the facility.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft office(Word, Excel, Outlook), Nutritional software.
- Basic technical writing skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Must be able to multi-task.
- Must have a flexible schedule and the ability to work at night when necessary.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment with ability to problem solve.
- Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) preferred.
Education, certifications and experience:
· B.S., B.A. or AA degree in the field of science (Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Food Science or Technology, etc.) or equivalent experience.
· Minimum of 2 years of supervisory experience in a food related field.
- SQF Practitioner certification (Required)
- PCQI certification (FSPCA)
- HACCP certified
- Internal auditor certification
- Bonus pay on audit scores
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- health care
- Vision care