Report to: Quality Assurance Manager
Job Description: Food Technologist
Perform Quality Checks to facilitate the execution of Food Safety programs to ensure Food Safety programs are being followed at the Kanan Baking Company production floor employees.
· Assist with floor staff in utilizing the safety chain system to ensure floor staff is imputing proper process control check information into the system (e.g., metal detector checks, baked temperatures)
· Conduct Good Manufacturing practices audits with the food safety team or Quality Manager
· Perform receiving activities by examining the certificate of analysis against the specifications, ensuring all the documentation is turned in and saved electronically and in hard copy files on the weekly receiving log.
· Assist with packaging verification program to verify packaging materials meet the specifications upon receipt
· Attends food safety monthly meetings
· Assist in organizing the records, and documentation needed audits
· Helps in Food Safety training of new employees or employees who change job classifications
· Communicates all matters relating to food safety, sanitation, and health to promote safety in our operations positively.
· Other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager
· Assists new hire food safety training by acclimating new employees to the e-learning Alchemy computerized food safety and quality training courses and company food safety policies.
· Assist with supplier approval program by obtaining documents from suppliers and analyzing documents to ensure they are correct and up to date
· Ability to read and interpret documents such as Food Safety policies and safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals written in English
· Assist with shelf-life studies and other analytical testing as needed
· Learn product line and operation to promote into Quality Coordinator
· Assist with test runs and preparing samples for lab shelf-life studies
· Update product specifications
· Must have a flexible work schedule
The candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. This individual must be a Safety conscience mind.
· College Graduate / Food Science degree from accredited university
· Computer skills, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Safety Chain
· Attends external seminars and training to learn food safety and Quality
· Mathematical Skills, Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide into all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Knowledge of statistics to be able to graph and represent and prepare data for senior management.
· Performs work safely using the accurate methods as directed
· $20 per hour
· 401K with matching
· Health Insurance (w/ vision & dental)