Report to: Upper Management
Job Description: Transportation Manager
The Transportation Manager will work in conjunction with other internal departments and external partners to coordinate freight shipments, route company vehicles and be able to achieve high service levels. The Transportation Manager will be responsible for evaluating each step of the orders and shipment process and should also maximize customer satisfaction at minimum cost.
- Confers and cooperates with other management personnel in formulating administrative and operational policies and procedures. Enforce all company policies and procedures.
- Prepare all paperwork in a neat, legible, and timely manner
- Responsible for hiring new associates, disciplinary procedures, performance reviews, and recommendations for pay increases of drivers.
- Scheduling of outgoing truck routes and drives. Reviews and analyzes expenditure, financial, and operations reports to determine the need for expansion of existing schedules, or expansion of routes.
- Schedules incoming appointments of all carriers and vendors.
- Fleet management to include vehicles, maintenance, leases, and equipment upgrades. Recommends capital expenditures for acquisition of new equipment to increase efficiency and services of operations department.
- Help plan and prepare departmental budgets and operate within approved cost guidelines.
- Approves requisitions for equipment, materials, and supplies within limits of department budget.
- Must maintain compliance with Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- Responsible for deliveries being made on time, complete, and in a professional manner. Directs investigations into causes of customer or shipper complaints and responds accordingly.
- Work on Optimoroute to efficiently route trucks
- Responsible for departmental safety and following food safety and food quality programs.
- Ability to work well in a team environment and collaborate up and down the organization
- A proven track record of results with a bias for action
- Shop freight rates with approved brokers for FTL, LTL carriers
The candidate must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and ability required. This individual must be a safety conscience mind.
· Previous working experience as a Logistics Coordinator preferred
· Experience with LTL, FTL, rail, ocean, and airfreight carriers preferred
· Knowledge of shipping and commercial documents, BOLs, Invoices, SLIs, etc a plus
· Familiarity with laws, rules, regulations and standards preferred
· Experience with Cold Chain Logistics and Sanitary Transport Requirements
· Experience with logistics software preferred(Optimoroute)
· Experience with QuickBooks preferred
· Outstanding organizational skills
· Good time management skills
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Ability to prioritize and multitask
· 401K with Matching
· Health Insurance
· Two weeks paid vacation